CENTRAL CALIFORNIA ADJUSTERS ASSOCIATION
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD APPLICATION CRITERIA 2012
The CENTRAL CALIFORNIA ADJUSTERS ASSOCIATION announces that they will award two Academic Scholarships, one (1) $1,000.00 scholarship, and one (1) $500.00 scholarship at their May 4, 2012 Spring Fling event. The student applicants will need to advise the CENTRAL CALIFORNIA ADJUSTRES ASSOCIATION of their intentions to apply for the scholarship by submitting the completed letter of interest form by March 1, 2012. A minimum of 3 (three) applicants is required for consideration and awarding of the Scholarships.
The Scholarship Award Application Criteria is as follows:
- The applicant must be a senior in high school or enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university.
- The applicant must be a full time student with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- The applicant must be a daughter, son or grandchild of a member in good standing of the CENTRAL CALIFORNIA ADJUSTERS ASSOCIATION (CCAA). A member of the CCAA must sponsor the applicant, and the sponsoring member must submit a letter of recommendation on behalf of the applicant.
- The applicant must submit a completed application/letter of intrest on the form provided by the CCAA. Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
- The applicant must submit an essay that describes their goals, aspirations for the future and their achievements. It should discuss these areas, as well as what is important to them and the reasons why. It should also cover their education and career objectives, as well as any employment history and how that has influenced their motivation, achievements, leadership and commitment. The essay should be typewritten and submitted on no more than two (2) sheets of “8-1/2 x 11” white paper.
- The applicant must submit two (2) letters of recommendation, besides the sponsors', from teachers/professors, counselors, clergy, etc.
- The applicant must submit a copy of their latest original transcript.
The CCAA members' sponsor letter, application form, applicant essay, transcript and the two letters of recommendation must be received no later than April 1, 2012.
* The CCAA reserves the right to alter, cancel, modify, end, suspend or withdraw the scholarship program as the situation dictates.
Download the application below and mail to:
Central California Adjusters Association
P. O. Box 26597
Fresno, Ca 93729-6597
Download Application Criteria (as pdf) (information above)
to download these files
Download Scholarship Application / Letter Of Interest (as pdf)
- in Windows right click on the download link and select "save target as..." this will give you a save as box (make sure "Source" or "Adobe Acrobat Document" not "All Files" or "Text" is selected) with "ccaa_scholarship.pdf or ccaa_app.pdf" as the file name. Just save this file to you hard drive and open it in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader, not in your web browser. Now you will be able to print it.
- on the Mac in OS 9.x click on the download link and hold (*Note this download will not work in IE 5.1 you will need to use Netscape 4.79 or WaMCom Mozilla 1.3.1), in OS X hold the "Control key" down while clicking and holding down with the mouse - In both systems select "save this link as..." this will give you a save as box (make sure "Source" or "Adobe Acrobat Document" not "All Files" or "Text" is selected) with "ccaa_scholarship.pdf or ccaa_app.pdf" as the file name. Just save this file to you hard drive and open it in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader, not in your web browser. Now you will be able to print it.
- the words "save target as..." & "save this link as..." will vary depending which browser and version you are using, however the procedure will be the same for the operating system you are using.
(If you do not have at least version 5 of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download a "free" copy of the Acrobat Reader from: http://www.adobe.com)